Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Flying Unicorns OTP - Off the Page Project - Boat




Though we do not want the next months to Fly Away - we are thrilled to present and include the new 13@arts collections Fly Away as part of our July Your Passion, Your Art Kit of the Month.


Our kits are amazingly unique and every month we include an Off the Page Project . This month you will receive a wooden canoe

My projects features the Maja Design Vintage Summer Basics Collection.  


Starting the project
I adore this project.  If it's seaworthy, then I love it. It is also wonderful timing as I head to my summer vacation by the ocean.  ahhhhhhh. Marvelous. 

There are several options to preparing the base of the boat itself.  You can stain it, paint it with a brush or sponge, spray paint it, leave plain.  I opted  for quick simplicity. I mixed white gesso in a bowl with some water and created a "wash" to paint on with a sponge.  The sponge and wash give it an uneven finish, with a bit of the wood showing here and there. I rubbed some Tim Holtz distress ink in Weathered Wood on the sides.  

 I used Maja Design - Vintage Summer Basics - 1905 BAS528 inside the boat for the wood bottom.  When I first saw the project, that sheet of paper came right to my mind.  Now to dig it out of my stash...that was the hardest part of this whole creation. No joke! Where is that piece of paper... I know it's around somewhere, but where?   Dig, dig, search, riffle through paper.  FOUND IT!  Perfect. 




That little white trim with the holes in it that look like coral is Web Weave trim.  I love the stuff.   The shells are from my trip to Florida and courtesy a shelling excursions off the coast of the Florida Everglades. 






Maja Design Vintage Summer Basics Collection here

Supplies:
July Your Passion, Your Art Kit of the Month.
Maja Design - Vintage Summer Basics - 1905 BAS528 (inside boat)
Maja Design - Vintage Summer Basics - 1932 BAS531 (Top and bottom of Boat)
Maja Design - Vintage Summer Basics- 1916 BAS524 (side stripe of boat and top of paddles)
Prima Flowers - Free Spirit Collection -Funky 574246
Prima Flowers  - Songbird Collection - Lucille 555597
Web Weave trim  - cream
Flying Unicorn Metal Adornment Charms
floral berries
Fishing Net
shells
cheese cloth
Tim Holtz Weathered wood distress ink

No comments:

Post a Comment