Saturday, May 27, 2017

Patriotic Stars and Stripes



I'm here today to share my U.S. patriotic themed cards created using the fabulous Maja Design "Life By the Sea" collection. 

Over in the U.S., we are celebrating our Memorial Day holiday honoring our military heroes who have given their lives for our freedom.  It's a major holiday in the United States - most businesses are closed and families typically gather for parties, grilling and picnics.   It also signals the start to summer in the US - our official summer begins with Memorial Day. 

Where I live in New York, farmers in my region do not plant crops until Memorial weekend.  Homeowners can start getting their gardens in shape (with fingers crossed that no more snow will fall.)

Another fun fact about our Memorial Day holiday...it's long been the standard of fashion in the US.  For decades, women dared not wear anything white before Memorial Day.  


The Life By the Sea collection is perfect for my patriotic and nautical projects.
Here is my first card.  It's simple and classic.  
The chipboard star is from Creative Embellishments - Patriotic Stars.  


I love this collection because it can be easily used for vintage projects simply by adding  a little inking on the edges of the papers.  It's also my favorite paper to use when I am creating anything with an "Americana" theme -which I adore.     




Here is my second card.  This also has the fun star chipboard from Creative Embellishments.  

Here's to a wonderful warm summer filled with friends and family, health and safety (plus some paper crafting fun too). 


 Maja Design Collection - Life By the Sea
             Marina Hovering
             Landmark paper
             The West Coast
Creative Embellishments - Patriotic Stars.

1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous patriotic cards! I love those beautiful chipboard stars!

    ReplyDelete