Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Easter Bunny Home Decor

Easter Home Decor with Petaloo
Easter is fast approaching and I've been busy creating decorations.  Petaloo flowers are an essential part of my decorations adding cheer, pops of color and that extra gorgeous Spring touch. 

This is a table centerpiece created for the season.  It features some of Petaloo's exquisite fabric flowers in cheery purple and teal.  I think of those as wonderful Easter colors. 


Aren't the Petaloo flowers gorgeous resting around the bunny's neck?  Those flowers are:

The sweet little butterfly located near the bunny ears rests atop a bit of lace.  The butterfly,  
Petaloo Darjeeling Mini Butterflies in Purple , adds a darling little touch. 

I also embellished the bunny with some painted chipboard pieces from Creative Embellishments.  You can see more wonderful chipboard creations on their blog, here. I wanted the chipboard to be soft and subtle so they are simply painted white with a dab of green green distress ink. 
In the image above, you will also find the same Petaloo flowers as I have at it's neck.  I have provided  a side view to show some dimension.  

As for the bunny shape- I purchased an unfinished wooden Easter bunny shape.  I painted with  white acrylic paint and added a layer of crackle medium to it after it dried.  This process took a few days since the crackle medium had to be thoroughly dry before I moved on to the fun embellishing phase.  Since this is a dimensional project to be placed on a tabletop, I needed to address both sides of the bunny and  could only do one side of the bunny at a time.  

Happiness is crafting with Petaloo.  
Thanks for stopping to visit.

Petaloo Mixed Textured Blossoms - Teal 1256-205
Petaloo Velvet Pansies - Purple - 1110-205
Petaloo Darjeeling Mini Butterflies - Purple 1486-104
Wooden Bunny Shape - Joann Fabric's Fab Lab
White Acrylic Paint
DecoArt Crackle Medium
Creative Embellishments Chipboard
Lace







No comments:

Post a Comment