Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Pretty Little Kitty Card Post - Petaloo


It's Cat Day at PET-aloo 
Petaloo  is celebrating pet days. It's part of their nature after all...being a company named for pets... PET-aloo.   There are prizes that can be won for participating so check it out at Petaloo's blog right here

   Yesterday I posted my dog cards.  Today the cats get their day in the spotlight.  I had to separate the two because if I didn't, I'd have tails and fur a'flyin.  Let's just say my cats aren't the best at sharing space with dogs. 

You can find the dog post right here, complete with a quick step-by-step for one of  the dog cards. 

You can also find some of the cat and dog card sets available in my ETSY shop right here.  The cat cards are here.  

This is a pop-up card I created for my husband.  I added gorgeous Petaloo flowers to the front of the card but left the inside unadorned because I wanted it to close flatly to surprise him.  This is the first pop-up card I have made so he was most certainly surprised.  
The front of this card features the
Petaloo Botanica Collection - Chantilly Mixed Blooms - Mauve.  Aren't they just spectacular?
I used a super old collection for this card - My Minds Eye - Lost & Found Collection.  
And look at all these darlin's staring at you. 




Here is my next card.  
This card features a new flower -Fairy Blossom Branch (code 5016-101).  They are sweet delicate velvet flowers with a little sparkle to them.  Look for them to ship  soon!
I also used the  Petaloo Textured Elements -  Briar Rose Canvas in Red  though I chose a flower with a bit more pink from the package. 


This is my next card.  Sweet and simple.  I let the Petaloo flowers and cat silhouettes stand out on this card.  The cat silhouettes were made using the Tim Holtz -Crazy Cats and Dogs dies and accompanying stamps. 
I punched some cats out and really loved the negative space creating a delightful silhouette. 

The soft Petaloo flowers on this card include  the newly released -Fairy Blossom Branch  (code 5016-101), the green flowers from the package of  Petaloo Chantilly Hydrangea in Red  and some delicate Petaloo lace trim, Petaloo Crochet Lace Fancy Trim -White .
 I used the Petaloo Crochet Lace Fancy Trim -White as a border strip.  
This is the last card and a simple but graphically fun card.  It's a shaker card with  washi tape used as a background. This card also has the Petaloo Crochet Lace Fancy Trim  used as a border.  
I decided to use some of Petaloo's Jeweled Florettes in pastel colors - they are flat flowers that resemble the flowers on the patterned paper.  
I felt the shaker card was bulky enough to send through the mail - the flat flowers were a great alternative and still added a bedazzled element to the card.  

__________________________________________________________
Available in my ETSY shop while it lasts: 
Available in my ETSY Shop
Even more fun?  This set of 3 crazy cat cards are available in my ETSY shop.  See the listing here
These are just purrrfect for the crazy cat lover, like myself....or to say hello, wish someone a great day, or even sadly to send condolences when someone loses a beloved amazing furbaby.  
Those pet condolence cards can be hard to find and yet so very necessary to send at times.  


Look for the new releases like the Fairy Blossom Branch (code 5016-101) I shared on the blue kitty "I Love You" card in this post.  
You can find more Petaloo products listed here, and I invite you to join and LIKE Petaloo on Facebook right here.      

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Day filled with love from your family, friends and Petaloo!


Petaloo Supplies:
Petaloo Botanica Collection - Chantilly Mixed Blooms - Mauve 1279-161
Petaloo Textured Elements -  Briar Rose Canvas in Red- RS5208-011/4
Petaloo Jeweled Florettes - Pink Blue Yellow White - Baby's Coming 1350230D
Petaloo Fairy Blossom Branch  -5016-101 ( NEW release)
Petaloo Chantilly Hydrangea Red 1272-192
Petaloo Crochet Lace Fancy Trim -White - 1482-000

Other Supplies ( All Cards):
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Vintage Photo
Sizzix Framelits - Mini Crazy Cats & Dogs by Tim Holtz - 661594
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz - Mini Cats and Dogs Stamps CMS272
Watercolor paper, Watercolor Paints and Water Pen

Pop Up Card
Petaloo Botanica Collection - Chantilly Mixed Blooms - Mauve 1279-161
2Crafty Chipboard- Tiny Hearts and Stars ATC041
2Crafty Chipboard - Valentine's Hearts m00475
JustRite Paper crafts - Large Oval Sympathy CR-05055
My Minds Eye - Lost & Found Collection  6x6 paper MAD
Spellbinders Dies D-Lites Vines of Passion Heart Die S2-022
JustRite Papercrafts Vintage Labels Eleven Die 05066

Blue Cat Card
Petaloo Botanica Collection - Chantilly Mixed Blooms - Mauve 1279-161
Petaloo Fairy Blossom Branch (code 5016-101)
DoodleBug Design Paper - Smitten Kitten Collection 6x6 52698
Spellbinders Dies D-Lites Vines of Passion Heart Die S2-022
Doodlebug Washi Tape - Cats Meow

Thinking Of You Cat Card:
Petaloo Crochet Lace Fancy Trim -White - 1482-000
Petaloo Chantilly Hydrangea Red 1272-192
Petaloo Fairy Blossom Branch  -5016-101 ( NEW release)

Meow Shaker Card:
Petaloo Jeweled Florettes - Pink Blue Yellow White - Baby's Coming 1350230D
Petaloo Crochet Lace Fancy Trim -White - 1482-000
Doodlebug Design Paper - Smitten Kitten Collection 6x6 52698
Prima Finnabair Art Ingredients - Glass Beads in Licorice 961688
Doodlebug Washi Tape - Cats Meow
Foam Tape and Acrylic sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment