Sunday, March 27, 2016

DIY Cards Featuring Prima Tales of You & Me by Frank Garcia


Tales of You & Me - by Prima and Frank Garcia

Prima's newest collection by Prima and Frank Garcia, Tales of You & Me ,  is one of those collections that is a "must have"  - with soft warm colors.  These papers are great for layouts but I am also having fun making cards using 990992 Prima Tales of You & Me - 4x6 Journal Cards and the 3x4 cards a well.    I love how the papers look with kraft backgrounds.  The kraft gives the paper an added vintage boost. 


 I accented this card with gorgeous gold trim... Prima Memory Hardware -by Frank Garcia - Rocquencourt Doily Lace.

This is my second card

This card was made using layers upon layers.  I created a small envelope that I will share with you at the bottom of this post.  I also will show you how I made this card.  

Here's how I made this card:

Step 1. Cut layers.  Ink edges.  I used Seedless Preserves and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I really wanted to pull out a rich purple hue with the Seedless Preserves. 

Step 2.  I made a small envelope using kraft paper. You can find the  envelope template here


Step 3.  I cut out the envelope making sure my postcard, or letter fit nicely. 
Step 4.  I added some foam tape under the flap of the envelope before I attached it to the envelope.  The I stamped the butterfly image onto the flap.  The stamp is from the Tales of You & Me collection as well ( Prima Frank Garcia Tales of You & Me - Stamp Set 990930).  I used clear embossing powder to make the stamped image  a little crisper and to pop a little. 
Step 5.  I gently inked the envelope to add more purple. 

Step 6.  I used a craft knife and cut into the flower images so that the envelope could nicely fit onto the top of the card.
Step 7. You can see the envelope now just slips into the card.  
Here is the template for the envelope that I created.  You can find the link right here.

Here are some close ups. 


Thanks for stopping here.  Enjoy Frank Garcia's collections! You can find the Tales of You & Me collection right here.  You can find Frank's other collections here as well and all the other fun Prima goodies at the Flying Unicorns Store

You can also grab a copy of the envelope template right here


Products:
990992 Prima Tales of You & Me - 4x6 Journal Cards
Prima Frank Garcia Tales of You & Me - Stamp Set 990930
583446 Prima Victorian Christmas by Frank Garcia - Rudolph's Nose
991012 Prima Tales of You & Me - 3x4 Journal Cards
991043 Prima Memory Hardware -by Frank Garcia - Rocquencourt Doily Lace
kraft cardstock
Seedless Preserves and Vintage Photo Distress Inks

No comments:

Post a Comment