Monday, October 8, 2018

Halloween and Thanksgiving Cards - Using Spellbinders


Spellbinders Large Die of the Month Club
Did you know Spellbinders has a variety of monthly die clubs?  
Yes it's true -they have a Small Die of the Month and Large Die of the Month Club -plus combinations of both. 
The dies selected each month are exclusively created for the clubs.  

This month, I have the privilege of playing with Spellbinders Large Die of the Month  for October called Truckin Through the Season.   You can see the image below.   I've got to say, this die set includes elements for every season making this perfect to use all year long.  I love that kind of clever versatility.     


Truckin Through the Seasons - Large Die of the Month Club




I focused on the two upcoming holidays in the US - Halloween and then Thanksgiving.   
My first card was so much fun to make.  As you can see, I created a haunted car and used the pumpkins as my halloween accents.  Well that and some nips  of cheesecloth tucked here and there. 



This is my second card featuring a Thanksgiving theme for the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday.  Like many of us, I have family that live far away and cannot join us at the dinner table this year.  In fact, both of my sons relocated to different states and we are first-time empty nesters.  

One guess who's getting these cards?  


The die set has a sweet vine die so I created a little pumpkin swag.  I also added foam to the back of the "Thanks" diecut for dimension to look like the back end of a pickup.  

As you can see, with a few small changes of paper and color, you can easily change the theme of the card.   The paper choice on this card is from Reminisce - Best of Harvest Collection Autumn Plaids.  

 



I also created a Christmas card with this same die set.  You can see the details for the Christmas card here.  

You can also find this card here.  




Shop for Prior Club Dies Still Available

Spellbinders offers a chance to grab some of the dies from previous months that are still available.  Shop past club dies.

Thanks for stopping here.
Spellbinders even invites you to share your creations with them on Instagram (#SpellbindersClubKits)
or by uploading them to the Spellbinders club gallery

Where to shop? 

No comments:

Post a Comment