Saturday, October 13, 2018

Bright Bold Butterfly Cards -DIY Instructions


Time for some bright and cheery cards.  
As the seasons change where I live, the sky grows dark and gloomy.  It's time to add bright colors, butterflies, cheer and love to someone's day.  

DIY time! For these cards, I created my own DIY background using stamps from JustRite Papercrafts.  The butterflies are also from JustRite. 



Creating the Backgrounds
I did some creative fun blending and stamping to create the backgrounds of both cards.  The best way to get a smooth blended background is by using the right paper: Specialty Stamping Paper for Inks .   This paper has a glossy slippery feel to it, helping to make the inks blend seamlessly.  The paper is the key. 

Next I used Sponge Daubers - Finger Tip Sponge Daubers.  I love these little buggers.  They are absolutely perfect for controlling the ink colors and getting the colors exactly where you want them.  The other blending tools and pads are just too big to do the job.  This is a card....the area being colored is small.  It requires a small tool.   

These are the other products I used:  
More DIY backgrounds here.  The orange background was created with the following: 



Where to shop? 
You can shop for JustRite stamps and dies right here


No comments:

Post a Comment