Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Heartwarming Cards with Hearts and Birdhouses

Hello.  I'm here to share a touch of Spring.  
It's April on the calendar, however there is still snow where I live.  I need spring cards to help keep my hope alive. 

Helping keep the hope for spring alive at my house is the gorgeous Celebration 12x12 collection from Maja Design

These are the papers I am using: 
Celebration Collection - Congratulations
Celebration Collection - Entertainment
Celebration Collection - Festivities
I've also added some darling chipboard embellishments from Creative Embellishments.  The wonderful Heart Flourish Frame 2 has been painted with white acrylic paint and the chipboard Birdhouse was slightly whitewashed with acrylic paint added to a sponge.  

The key to the soft white wash effect is the sponge.  Use a dab of white acrylic , a few drops of water mixed together, and dip the sponge lightly into the wash.  With the softest touch, LIGHTLY dab the sponge to the chippie.  Less is more.  I do not want to cover up the delicate lines in the birdhouse with a lot of heavy paint. 

These are the chipboard pieces I used:


The designs from this collection range from bold to delicate. It's such a versatile collection.  As you can see, I am using the soft and delicate papers for this card. 

The Prima flower vine has been wrapped around the heart to accent the blues in the paper.


Here is one last look at the finished card.  


Thanks for stopping by to look.   

Where to shop? 
You can shop for Maja Design papers right here. 
Shop  for all the Creative Embellishments products here

No comments:

Post a Comment