Thursday, May 3, 2018

Amazing Embellishments for Fabulous Birthday Cards


 I like keeping my supply of birthday cards well stocked because I enjoy giving the cards but I'm not so good about keeping an organized list of upcoming family birthdays.  That means I have to scramble to make a card.  Well, that's just not practical.  I'd prefer to be at least prepared with the cards. 

Creative Embellishments has the perfect chipboard pieces for birthdays and any other occasion you can imagine.  

My first card has a bit of a vintage vibe.  The chipboard pieces used on this card are shown below. 
Creative Embellishments -Grapevine Heart Wreath ( scroll down to see my sizing note )
Creative Embellishments - Poinsettia Set (I used the twigs/greens on my card)

I am in nutty love with the Grapevine Heart Wreath.  While I just love heart shapes in general, this NEW design is gorgeous and delicate and large enough for a frame on a layout.  I lightly inked this heart using Distress ink in Vintage Photo.  

I used the twigs/greens from the Poinsettia Set as filler in my floral cluster.  They have also been inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink. 

Sizing Note for the Grapevine Heart Wreath
This heart comes in an original size of 6.5"w x 6"h.  
Card makers may need to order a custom size to be cut.  That's super easy!  As you are paying for your order, just add a note into the comments section of the order and Nicolle will be happy to accommodate.  

Don't let the size discourage you from ordering this totally divine piece. 

The stamped background and Birthday sentiment tag was created using the Spellbinders Oh Happy Day -Elegant 3D Vignettes Collection by Becca Feeken  and a variety of Distress Inks stamped onto watercolor paper misted lightly with water.  

Below is an image of the background before adding embellishments.  
I have a super quick (1 minute) video showing how I created the watercolor stamped background using Spellbinders Oh Happy Day stamp/die set.
Here is the link for the card featured in the video.  




Moving on to my second birthday card - the cupcake card.  
Featuring the most adorable chipboard cupcakes you will ever see!

I used the following chipboard pieces on this card and painted them with acrylic paints.  


See what I mean about the darling cupcake chippies?  So many possibilities and you get 6 cupcakes in a set.  How adorable would these look on the front of a child's birthday invitation?  


 Thanks for sharing a piece of your day with me. 

Where to shop? 
You can shop for Creative Embellishments chipboards, stencils and products here. 


Creative Embellishments - Cupcakes 2
Creative Embellishments -Grapevine Heart Wreath
Creative Embellishments - Poinsettia Set
Creative Embellishments - Small Sentiment Words
BoBunny -Only You 6x6 paper collection
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxides - Worn Lipstick
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxides - Vintage Photo
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Barn Door
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress  - Picked Raspberry 
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxides - Vintage Photo
Watercolor Paper
Spellbinders Oh Happy Day -Elegant 3D Vignettes Collection by Becca Feeken -SDS-116

1 comment:

  1. Love them both! Thanks for the info that a chipboard piece can be custom sized! That's great to know! I love how you emboss painted the cupcake with the strawberry on top! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete