Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Bright Happy Cards for January



I'm here to brighten these dull, cold winter days with some colorful chipboard cards.
Winter is rough on many people and can drag on way too long.  If you had a quick way to cheer someone up, I bet you'd jump at the chance.



A card made with love (and some fabulous Creative Embellishments chipboard) can go a long way towards brightening up someone's day. I created three cards to be used for that purpose.
(You can see this post over at Creative Embellishments here.)


 Here is a close up of the first card.  The Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces I used on my card are as follows:

My chipboard treatments are super easy - ink and paint.  I inked the Fancy Oval Frame Set with Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink -Walnut Stain.  Done! Next, I painted the Flourishes 10 piece with bright lime green and pink paint to accent the papers I used.  I cut the chipboard into pieces and used as filler around the Fancy Oval Frame  and in the floral cluster.  


Here is my second happy cheery card.  I embellished with some fabulous wood veneer hearts, pieces:Lovers Heart Set  intertwined within the floral vines.  I believe the wood veneer shapes from Creative Embellishments are enchanting and perhaps the company's best kept secret. 

Time to let everyone in on the secret I think.  


The last card  has a combo of chipboard and wood veneer hearts. Once again, I used the Flourishes 10  vines  simply inked with Distress ink.  I left the wood veneer Lovers Heart Set hearts untreated.  They are gorgeous "as is" and are super light so they don't make the card heavy for mailing.  


The ultra light wooden veneer hearts make such a statement on the cards.  
I also have to mention the paper I used....it's my ever-favorite from Prima Marketing.  The Madeline collection from a bunch of years ago.  Yessssssss I still have some and sadly not much is left. 

 Hey - I know you all have stashes and hoards of papers tucked away too.  Yeah, I'm looking at you...crack it out and use it.  

Here is one more look at the lovely pieces I used:
Flourishes 10 
Lovers Heart Set (wood veneers) 


Shop for your gorgeous Creative Embellishments chipboard here.  

Petaloo Darjeeling Butterflies
Prima Marketing SongBird Pink vines 539054
Paper - Prima Marketing Madeline collection 6x6 paper pack. 


No comments:

Post a Comment