Tuesday, February 14, 2017

DIY Easy Cards for Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day - Quick DIY Cards

I made a few cards to send to family members to show I appreciate and care about them.  A Valentine's card doesn't need to be mushy.  Mine were simple, quick and the message I wrote on the inside was also a quick note to let them know I appreciate and value them.  
Lately I have been obsessing over washi tape.  It's fun and it can give any project a pop of color.  Washi tape is the main product on my cards.
  
I bought my washi on sale at Michaels.  
These cards take just a few simple steps to create and you can use the same technique to create cards all year for any occasion.  Just swap out the washi (which means buying more fun colorful washi) 

Start with a die or punched piece of cardstock.  I used a simple heart die that I like.  It's from Cheery Lynn and it's the Heart Shaker Die Set.  

Cover a blank piece of cardstock with strips of tape. Once satisfied go ahead and glue the punched cardstock to the washi covered cardstock.  



It's as easy as that!

You can keep it simple and call it done or you can add other embellishing elements like flowers, sentiment stamps or whatnot. 
I chose to add Petaloo flowers to some of my cards. 
 These flowers have a gorgeous bit of green and I loved how it looked with my bold washi.  


Next - a pink card using the cheery pink tones of washi I snagged.  


Thanks for stopping.  


Petaloo Chantilly Hydrangea Red 1272-192
Petaloo's Darjeeling Teastained collection -  Petite Blooms in Pink
Recollections Brand Washi Tape for Valentine's Day
Cheery Lynn Heart Shaker Die set

No comments:

Post a Comment