Thursday, March 31, 2016

Mini Vintage Canvas Home Decor - Flying Unicorn and Prima


Create a piece of Vintage Home Decor with the Flying Unicorns

Mini Canvas Featuring Prima/Frank Garcia "Tales of You & Me"....and Flying Unicorns

The April Unicorn kit is now available while it lasts...which isn't usually long.  A great kit in such popular demand doesn't last long.  

 The Flying Unicorn kit this month included three canvases sized 3x3. The kit featured Prima's Tales of You & Me collection by Frank Garcia this month. Also included in the kit were some of Frank's sweet matching chipboard pieces for his collection.  I used the chipboard to adorn the little canvas pieces. 

I used Mixd Media Inx from Clearsnap to color the edges of my canvas.  They are easy to use and I really love the pigmentation. 

I accented each little canvas with elements to tie them all together  and make them a cohesive set- the lace, some pearls and similar colors.  

The ribbon was stapled to the back of each little canvas in order to adhere it.  I originally added glue, however I knew that glue alone would not hold the weight of each canvas very long if hung on a wall.  The staples just reinforced it. 


Here are some more close ups of the individual canvases.  

Special note about my beautiful triple bow - it's perfect if I must say so.  haaaaaa!  That's because I used the Bow-It-All to make the bow.  If you can't tie good bows, then the Bow-It-All is something to think about.  


Thanks for stopping by for a peek. You can shop the Flying Unicorns and grab the kit right here.  


Supplies:
Flying Unicorns kit April
Prima - Frank Garcia Tales of You & Me chipboard 990916
Prima - Frank Garcia Tales of You & Me - flowers 586348
Pink Pearls
canvas - 3x3 size
lace trim
Clearsnap Donna Salazar Mixd Media Inx - Peaches and Vintage
gold trim

2 comments: