Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Mermaid Layout with Julie Nutting Doll Stamps


Mermaid - With Julie Nutting Stamps

Today I am sharing a layout I made using the March Flying Unicorns kit of the month.  The papers inside the kit are from Studio75 and are called Lavender Morning but I decided to transform it into an under-the-sea paradise for Prima's Julie Nutting Doll stamps - Sea Sallie Mermaid.  The mermaid is one of my favorite stamps from her doll stamp collection.  

By the way, Flying Unicorn has the BEST collection of Nutting doll stamps available.  She's got a great assortment available.   Check it out here


I stamped Sallie onto watercolor paper and painted her with watercolor paints ( some blues, teals and greens for variety).  After she was dry I covered her finns with blue netting - gluing and taping in the back.  What I actually love about the netting all bunched up in the back is that it gives the doll stamp some dimension all it's own on the page.  She cannot lie flat on the page.  I admit at first I was irritated.  If "thought bubbles" were to rise from my head, you would have seen me thinking this:

 "Dog gone it woman, stay on the page.  Stick yourself down! grrrrrr"

and it's even possible I said that out loud so no thought bubbles were even necessary to know what I was thinking.  

But then I stepped back and decided I loved her just the way she was - all sticking up here and there.  It looks like it was meant to be.  
Here is a photo of the netting I used.  


Next, I customized some cheesecloth that matched.  This is easy to do.  Just mist the cheesecloth and blow it dry with the heat gun.  I used Prima Color Blooms in Summer Sky and Glistening Waves.
My background was created by using Prima Salvage District Stamp 584726 and white embossing powder for the "bubbles".  The stamp came in the kit.  I also used the  crackle stencil from 13 Arts that was included in the kit.  





Grab all your Julie Nutting stamps and supplies right here.


Products
March Flying Unicorns kit of the month
Prima's Julie Nutting Doll stamps - Sea Sallie Mermaid
Studio75 Lavender Morning paper Collection ( from the March kit)
Prima
White embossing powder
Embossing stamp pad
Prima Flowers - French Riviera collection
White pearls
Cheesecloth
Prima Color Bloom Mists - Summer Sky 573867
Prima Color Bloom Mists - Glistening Waves 573942
Prima Salvage District Stamp 584726 ( from the kit)



3 comments:

  1. This is stunningly beautiful Jennifer! I love how creative this is! From the netting on her tail to the use of the crackle stencil to show the breaking waves to the gorgeous colors and embellishments! I simply love everything about it! Do you need my address? j/k lol :)
    Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete