Saturday, September 5, 2015

Flying Unicorns and 2Crafty team Up



Flying Unicorn and 2Crafty

I recently received my box of 2Crafty new releases and I always smile.  Opening the box and seeing the designs in person is an incredible moment.  So I sat down and got to working - pairing the chipboard with the Flying Unicorn kit. 

As crafters, I am betting we all look for versatility when we buy products. The little 2Crafty  "Mini Hexagon Clumps".  They are great fillers in clusters, perfect for adding texture to a page, and double as both feminine and masculine.  What could be more versatile?  

So on to my first piece. This is a layout I made featuring my mom.  I took this photo in June of her on a family vacation to the ocean in New Hampshire.  It captures her fun happy spirit.  My mom is absolutely the kindest person I know so I wanted to surround her in bold beauty. 

The chippies I used are"Life Documented" and "Mini Hexagon Clumps" -merely painted bold dark black. 


2Crafty  "Mini Hexagon Clumps"

Here are some more close ups.  The papers used are BoBUnny and are from the September Flying Unicorn kit.  

You can see the chipboard title,"Life Documented" bold and beautifully displayed.  

The "min hexagon clumps" work nicely as cluster fillers here and add pops of texture. 



Layout Two

The second piece is a special page made once again from the Flying Unicorn Sept Kit, but the subject matter takes a bit of a turn as a tribute piece.  This is a page made for a friend.  She sent me the photo of the darling boys, both very special and near to her heart.

In this piece, I used 2Crafty "Frame - Viney Circles", which resembles leaves in a wreath.  I also used the "Lattice Hearts"  and separated them , though using them together is spectacular.  Finally the "Mini Word Set 2" added the perfect sentiment to this page.  

"Frame - Viney Circles"
"Lattice Hearts"

"Mini Word Set 2"

Here are more close ups.  The chipboard was painted gold and a little  gold and pink embossing powder added to them.

 Here is a shot to show the beautiful golden glimmer of the lattice heart.


You can find an assortment of 2Crafty at Flying Unicorn - right here.   You can also find the Flying Unicorn kit here

Products: 
Flying Unicorn Sept Your Passion Your Art Kit
Bo Bunny Juliet Collection
Petaloo Burlap Blossoms Black 
Prima Flowers Aire Collection 549558
Kaisercraft Stamps -Clear Stamp CS752
Donna Salazar Stamp - Chicken Wire
Black Archival Ink
Prima Art Extravaganza Texture Paste - Gold Crackle
Prima Color Bloom Mists - Boysenberry
India Ink - Black


3 comments:

  1. Stunning pages Jennifer!!!!!! Love the 2Crafty embellishments! the page of your mother is a favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 beautiful pages, Jen! I love them both and the photo of your Mom is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations, both of them ... come on, let's be honest, absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete