Beautiful Summer Card for July
This month, the Unicorn kit features LemonCraft papers. wow - they are beautiful and delicate and so gorgeously floral. ahhhhh what a delight. A few posts back I told everyone that you had to cut into the Lemoncraft papers to totally enjoy them. Well not true. I forgot they had some sweet little journal cards that actually don't need to be fussy cut at all.
I took a journal card and used that as my inspiration. TYhese were included in the Flying Unicorns kit for July.
How did I do this?
1. I wanted to make a custom background for my card so I grabbed a pre-folded card and inked the edges.
2. Pulled out my watercolor paints and dabbed different watercolors to the paper while blotting dry so my card didn't warp too much. I also made sure I covered the places on the card that would show after my journal card was added.
3. I added some cardboard to the back of the journal card to add dimension. Glued it to my greeting card.
4. Added embellishments - flowers, butterflies, punched pine branches.
5. Tucked a piece of ribbon seam binding as a bow.
6. Topped with a wood sentiment. You can also stamp, or even write your own sentiment.
7. Brighten someone's day and pop it in the mail.
July Kit of the Month - get your kit before it's gone.
Martha Stewart Pine punch
Lemoncraft papers House of Roses - Journal card
Prima Paper Flowers
Lemoncraft wood sentiment
Tim Holtz distress stain - Vintage photo