Friday, June 19, 2015

Card in Blue



Flying Unicorn Small Art Big Passion

I know I have said this before...but I love the Small Art Big Passion mini kit that is available each month.  I do think it is my favorite part of all the Kits offered.  You can make a months worth of cards, tags, small gifts and something for yourself. 

The Small Art Big Passion never fails to have amazing embellishments and papers and fascinating items in the package. The paper featured in the Small Arts Big Passion this month was Bo Bunny Garden Journal.  Such a soft and wonderful floral and nature theme with  wildflowers flowers and birds. 

I decided that a simple card was in order to let the beauty of the Bo Bunny collection shine.  Super easy and done in about 10 min.   I have my steps below. 

Step 1.  I always start with a pre-folded card because I stink at scoring. And pre-folded cards are cheap and standard sizes so no guessing with envelop sizes.  Lightly Ink the edges.

Step 2.  Cut a background layer a wee bit ( that is a technical term) smaller than the card.  Ink edges. 

Step 3.  Select a BoBunny journal card and ink edges.  Do not glue yet... do steps 4 and 5 first!

Step 4.  Decide where your chipboard flowers will be placed on the journal card and then glue a strip of lace.  

Step 5.  Wrap some hemp twine around the journal card and tie a bow.  NOW you can glue down to card. I also added a strip of gray trim from the kit.

Step 6.  Add Bo Bunny chipboard flowers and stickers.  



If you missed the kit this month, you may want to think about pre-ordering.  Each month, the pre-order option is available starting the 20th of the month.    Here is some information and pricing.   There are sneak previews of the kits so you get a chance to have a feel for what may lurk inside.  Per-orders only last 48 hours.

Join the Unicorn magic on Facebook where you can share your wonderful art.


Supplies:
June Flying Unicorns Small Art Big Passion
BoBunny  Garden Journal Paper Collection and Chipboard
Bo Bunny Garden Journal Stickers Set
Tim Holtz Distress Ink -Vintage
Hemp Twine
Lace
Cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment