FabScraps Royal Baby Collection
FabScraps continues to surprise me with each new collection release - each one so completely different from the last. This is a soft and adorable release and perfect for all those baby projects you need to start.
Well at least I need to start! I have a few baby events coming in the coming months and I'd love to give the new parents something created from my heart. What could be better?
I am also on a simple "do-able" card kick lately. Something that others can actually replicate if they wanted to. Simple instructions for each card are at the bottom of this post .
Card 1 Baby Blocks
Here are some cards I made.
The first card uses a few items from the Royal Baby collection:
C70002 Precious Bunny paper
C70007 Pastel Alphabet
MC70001A - Postcard
The postcard from MC70001A journal die pack has a nice vintage feel so that is the look I used for my card.
Products used from the Royal Baby collection:
C70002 Precious Bunny paper
DC70007 Little One Chipboard words
I have an embossing folder that sasy congratulations so I thought I'd put it to good use. I embossed ivory cardstock and then ran an inkpad over the top.
FabScraps – Royal Baby – Little Girl Cards
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps Papers – Royal Baby Collection – Precious Bunny C70002 (1 12x12 sheet)
- FabScraps Papers – Royal Baby Collection – Pastel Alphabet C70007
- FabScraps Papers – Royal Baby Collection – Journal Diecuts MC70001A
- FabScraps Papers – Royal Baby Collection – Little One Chipboard word DC70007
- Ivory Cardstock (12in x12in)
- Pearl dot embellishment
- Decorative Edge Punch
- Ink – vintage soft brown color
- Congratulations word - Embossing folder , mini alphabet stickers, stamp or printout from computer onto cardstock
- Pre-folded card base 4in x 5.5in – or cardstock to fold into a card of similar size.
1. Card 1 Baby Blocks Preparation:
2. Starting with a pre-folded card or folded cardstock size 4in x 5.5 in, punch one of the long 5.5in edges with a decorative punch. Ink all edges with soft brown vintage ink.
3. Cut piece from FabScraps Royal Baby Collection Precious Bunny paper C70002 to cover the front of the card, leaving punched edge exposed. Approx 3in x5.5in in size.
4. Select a postcard from FabScraps Royal Baby Collection Journal Diecuts MC7001A, ink edges with vintage Brown ink and glue to the card.
5. Cut letters from FabScraps Royal Baby Collection Pastel Alphabet C70007 spelling BABY. Ink edges and glue to the bottom of the card.
6. Wrap bottom of card with hemp/jute cord and tie in a large bow on the left side. Big oversized loops are perfect.
7. Place some thin wispy pieces of cheesecloth over the hemp/jute bow.
8. Glue paper flowers over the cheesecloth. The cheesecloth should peek out from under the flowers.
9. Top flower with pearl embellishment.
1. Card 2 Baby Girl – Little One Preparation:
2. Starting with a pre-folded card or folded cardstock size 4in x 5.5 in. Ink all edges with soft brown vintage ink.
3. Cut 3.5in x 5in piece from FabScraps Royal Baby Collection Precious Bunny paper C70002 for the cover of the card. Ink edges with soft brown vintage ink. Glue in place.
4. There are several ways to create the word “ Congratulations” You can emboss the word with an embossing folder, hand write it, print the word from your computer, stamp it, use alphabet stickers. Use a separate piece of cardstock for this step. Ink edges and glue to bottom of card.
5. Using FabScraps Royal Baby Collection -Chipboard words “Little One” DC70007, paint white and let dry. Ink edges with soft vintage brown. I also dabbed some soft pink ink on the top – very light.
6. Glue chipboard to card.
7. Glue some wispy cheesecloth on the bottom right of card.
8. Top cheesecloth wisps with paper flowers and pearl dot for flower center. Cheesecloth should peek out from under flowers.