FabScraps - Royal Baby Collection
FabScraps has a soft and gorgeous collection called Royal Baby. Leave it to FabScraps to make this perfect for any baby, with feminine pinks, baby blues and some fun all purpose baby prints and colors.
I made a layout for a Christening. The parents asked me to make something soft and delicate for their daughter's room since I made layouts for their other children. I used a vintage style photo here since I do not yet have the actual real photo yet.
The diecut frame I selected works nicely with the graphics on the paper. I accented the page with Prima flowers and some floral berries and ribbon.
I have included step by step instructions to help you understand my process. This is a super easy page - yet looks like you spent a long time.
Thanks so kindly for stopping.
FabScraps – Royal Baby – Little Baby layout
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps Papers – Royal Baby Collection – Baby Girl C70001 (2 sheets )
- Ivory Cardstock (12in x12in)
- lace and Ribbon
- Floral Berries
- Pink card stock ( small piece)
- Leaf punch or die ( Prima Leaf Die)
- Decorative Edge Punch – 2 styles ( Martha Stewart )
- Pearl Paint
- Decorative frame die
- Cardboard or dimensional tape
1. Background Layout Preparation:
2. Rip sheet of FabScraps Royal Baby Collection Baby Girl C70001 in half leaving a very jagged edge. Distress the edge. Punch the straight edge of each piece with a decorative punch.
3. Rip a sheet of ivory cardstock and layer under the ripped Baby Girl pieces.
4. Glue the two ripped pieces to a second sheet of FabScraps Royal Baby Collection – Baby Girl C70001, leaving a space between the two ripped pieces. Cut an oval decorative frame. Back the frame with cardboard or dimensional tape. Glue to top right hand of page.
5. Dot the frame with Pearl Paint and let dry. Select a photo that can be cut into an oval and be placed inside the pearl paint dotted area.
6. Punch a decorative edge 12inces long and .5in wide. Glue to the page – about 2 inches from the bottom of the page .
7. In the bottom right corner, add lace trim and flower and some punched leaves ( punched from pink cardstock).
8. . Finishing Touches:
9. Adorn with flowers, leaves, and floral berries to taste.
10. Tuck in a long ribbon bow