FabScraps "Oh Sew Beautiful"
The photo image I used is from Magic Moonlight Free Images - the place to get vintage images that are free of copyright restrictions. You don't want to be messing with those nasty copyright lawyers. YIKES!
I was completely inspired by the image, the realized the FabScraps papers accented her so beautifully (Sew Beautifully I should say).
You can see a wonderful stick pin from Mandy Harrell aka Crafty Sprinkles in the crafting world. It's tucked under the fabulous chippie dress form from FabScraps - as part of this collection.
The Mannequin Chipboard ( product DC68013) has a coordinating die cut that one can glue on top of the chipboard as I have done. It's made to match the paper collection and give you options on adorning the chippies that are made specifically for the collection.
I added some Prima flowers, mists and sequins for accents. You can see the product list as you scroll to the end of the post. I also added some step by step instructions as to how I created this. Super easy!!!
FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Vintage Beauty
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps –Oh Sew Beautiful Collection –Haberdashery C68008 12x12 sheet
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Industrial – Mannequin Chipboard DC68013
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Journal Set Dies MC68001A
- FabScraps – Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Floral Mannequin C68004
- Doily die or paper doilies -
- Flowers - Prima Joulee Violet 567118
- Lace Trim – Flowers
- Heat Gun and embossing enamel, embossing ink
- Gesso or white paint
- Stick pin or beads and various trims (Stick pin from Mandy Harrell)
- Mists – Purple and green - Prima Color Bloom Iris 573744 and Lime Wedge 573850
1. Background Preparation:
2. Start with FabScraps Oh Sew Beautiful Collection – Haberdashery paper C68008 as the base.
3. Apply a thin uneven layer of gesso or white paint to the background paper on the center of the page. Let dry.
4. Lightly splatter purple mist on page in a few areas. Do not be heavy handed and over-mist. Hit with heat gun and when almost dry, dab with towel to remove the remaining wet area of mist. This makes a cool water drip effect.
5. Repeat step 4 with green mist.
6. Photo Preparation:
7. Cut a rectangle of cardboard that is slightly bigger than your photo. Rip the top and bottom edges so the corrugation shows.
8. Paint the cardboard with white paint. Let dry.
9. Cover the edges with white embossing enamel and heat set.
10. Glue photo to the cardboard.
11. Glue to page.