FabScraps Industrial Chic Collection
FabScraps has released it's summer collections. This is Industrial Chic - a perfect blend of edgy elegance.
I selected a vintage image from Library of Congress Flickr project - a fabulous collection of vintage photos that have been cleared of all copyright restrictions. You can search the abundant library here.
I have also included detailed instructions as to how I created this piece - scroll all the way down the page.
The Prima metal die leaves were meant to resemble the leaf hair wreath.
The papers used here are Industrial Chic - Concrete Chic C67003 ripped into strips and and Concrete Chic 2 C67004 as the bottom background layered edge.
The chipboard is also FabScraps Decorative Border DC67008. I actually cut it in half to be able to edge the photo on both sides. I did leave the chipboard raw, while only inking the edges. The chipboard has a nice , almost sepia tone to it, really accenting the photo m
FabScraps now has stencils too! It's true! yeah. I used the new Diamond Stencil - DS008 with some heavy gesso , as seen in the photos above and below.
If you grab a moment, LIKE FabScraps on Facebook. You can also visit thier blog here!
FabScraps – Industrial Chic Collection - Industrial Elegance
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps –Industrial Chic Collection –Concrete Chic C67003 12x12 sheet
- FabScraps – Industrial Chic Collection – Concrete Chic 2 C67004 12x12 sheet
- FabScraps – Industrial Chic Collection – Decorative Border DC67008
- FabScraps -Diamond 2 Stencil – DS008
- White Card stock -12x12 sheet
- Clearsnap Mixed Media Inx - Berries (Purple), Honey (Tan), Leather ( Brown )
- Flowers - Prima Chantelle Heirloom 567248, Prima Life Time Flowers - 564476
- Butterflies ( I printed mine on card stock) – stickers work great.
- Gold Mist - Prima Color Bloom Mists - Tea Stain 573836
- Heat gun
- Lace Trim
- Gold microbeads
- Doily die - Prima 572785
- Leaf die - Prima 572839
- Cardboard or foam dimension tape
- Molding paste or thick gesso
1. Background Preparation:
2. Start with 12x12 piece of white cardstock. Trim 1/4in from all edges. Ink edges with dark brown ink, a little purple ink and a little tan ink – just enough to frame the page.
3. Mount on top of FabScraps Industrial Chic Collection – Concrete Chic 2 C67004.
4. Rip FabScraps Industrial Chic Collection – Concrete Chic C67003 into 2in strips of varying lengths. Start at the center of the page and glue the longest strip – which will be about 10inches long.
5. Continue to rip shorter strips and place on the paper moving out to the side edge.
6. Using FabScraps Diamond 2 Stencil – DS008, add molding paste as desired to the page and let dry.
7. Cut strips of lace at random lengths and glue to the page on top of the paper strips.
8. Glue image to a piece of cardboard or foam dimension tape and place in the center of the page.
9. Chipboard Preparation
10. Cut FabScraps Industrial Chic – Decorative Boarder in half lengthwise, so you are left with two identical long pieces.
11. Leave the chipboard natural and just ink the edges of the chipboard with a little purple, then top with a little brown to the edges.
12. Glue along the sides of the photo as a decorative edge.
13. Embellishing and Finishing Touches:
14. Punch or cut leaves from white cardstock. Spray with gold mist. Ink edges with brown ink for definition. I used a heat gun to dry after misting as it tends to make the paper stiffer.
15. Tuck leaves into top right and bottom left corner of photo.
16. Top leaves with some white flowers inked with brown.
17. Mist paper doily with gold mist and glue to bottom left corner.
18. Top with paper butterfly.
19. Finishing touch – glue gold microbeads to the page.
Thanks for stopping