FabScraps - Gentleman's Club Collection
I have directions for this card down at the end of my post. It's a quick super easy and "do-able" masculine card for dad. Cards do not always need to be cluttered with embellishments and paint splatters and flowers. Sometimes simple and quick is all you need for a classic looking card. More is not always better.
Come visit FabScraps at their new blog home. You can also visit them on FaceBook here.
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps –Gentleman’s Club Collection –– Airships paper C66003 ( small strip)
- FabScraps –– Gentleman’s Club Collection – Antiquarian paper C66002 (10in x 4in Strip)
- FabScraps – Gentleman’s Club Collection – Journal Book MC66001A
- FabScraps – Gentleman’s Club Collection – Gentleman’s Club C66004 (small scraps)
- FabScraps -Gentleman’s Club Chipboard – My Hero My Dad DC66004
- White cardstock
- Floral berries
- Cardboard or dimension foam tape
- Embossing enamel and ink – heat gun
- Decorative edge punch
1. Background Card Preparation:
2. Start with FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Antiquarian paper C66002 strip of 10 inches long by 4 inches wide. Fold in half to create base of card
3. Cut a smaller square of white cardstock and clue to the inside flap – this is for writing your personal sentiments.
4. Cut a strip of white cardstock 5 inches long and punch both edges. Glue to card near the top.
5. Cut a smaller 5 inch strip of Gentleman’s Club Collection – Gentleman’s Club paper C66004 and punch both sides. This will be glued over the white cardstock as a layer. Make sure the white edges are also showing.
6. Cut a 5in strip of Gentleman’s Club Collection –– Airships paper C66003 and glue as a third layer. Do not punch sides.
7. Cut a tag from FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Journal Book MC66001A and glue to a piece of cardboard or add foam dimension tape the back for added dimension. Glue to center of card.
8. Chipboard Preparation
9. Cover the FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – My Dad My Hero chipboard DC66004 with embossing ink and powder. Heat set with heat gun.
10. Glue to journal tag.
11. Embellishing and Finishing Touches:
12. Add a ribbon bow to top left corner. Top with a decorative brad.
13. Add floral berries.
14. Tuck some additional trim into bow cluster and glue like a banner.