FabScraps - Gentleman's Club CollectionFabScraps new Gentleman's Club collection may have undertones of a masculine collection BUT added color pops can transform this collection from strong masculine to vintage warmth.
FabScraps new collection has some very fascinating chipboard pieces and coordinating journal images and also has some new stencils available. I used the Diamond DS008 but you can see all of them here.
The chipboard piece I used is the hot air balloon. It is topped with the coordinating journal piece to complete the vintage look of the balloon. I had an adorable vintage photo of the basket portion of a hot air balloon so I combined the two. You can find the image here at Magic Moonlight Free Images.
I finished the balloon with trims and banners.
I have included a complete set of detailed instructions at the end of this post along with a supply list and the link for the vintage images I used. They are restriction free since they are from the early 1900's.
Here is a closer look at the journal pocket watch from the The FabScraps Gentleman's Club Journal pack MC66001A. There are a number of choices in the pack that are so intricate and beautiful - just to make your selection difficult.
My final accent pieces below include a resin bird from Prima, and Prima's wood embellishments from the Anna Marie Collection.
You can get the image here at Magic Moonlight Free Images.
Come visit FabScraps at their new blog home. You can also visit them on FaceBook here.
For This Project You Will Need
- FabScraps –Gentleman’s Club Collection –– Airships C66003 12x12 sheet
- FabScraps –– Gentleman’s Club Collection – Hot Air Balloon Chipboard DC66015
- FabScraps – Gentleman’s Club Collection – Journal MC66001A
- FabScraps – Gentleman’s Club Collection – Gentleman’s Club C66004 (small scraps)
- FabScraps -Stencil – DS008
- Brad - Prima Seashore collection 572747
- Resin bird - Prima Dell Arte 891466
- Wood embellishments - Prima Anna Marie 570125
- Flowers - Prima Essentials & Flirty 529758
- Trim and wide ribbon
- Liquid pearls/glitter glue
1. Background Preparation:
2. Start with FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Airships C66003 and add some stenciling with FabScraps Stencil DS008 and white gesso. Let dry.
3. Cut the mini journals from FabSc raps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Journal Book MC66001A and glue to the page where you will place your balloon chipboard. This is going to be a background accent.
4. Chipboard Preparation
5. Cover the FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Hot Air Balloon Chipboard DC66015 with a die cut of your choice from FabSc raps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Journal Book MC66001A . Glue to page over the mini journals.
6. Use trims and ribbons to decorate Hot Air Balloon chipboard.
7. Cut some mini banners from FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Gentleman’s Club paper C66004. Glue to the top of the Hot Air Balloon.
8. Using a piece of wide ribbon approx 10in long, Drape ribbon diagonally across the balloon and glue down.
9. Cut small pieces from the ribbon and glue to the top of the balloon as added banners.
10. Place a brad at the top of the balloon to complete the balloon and finish off the banners.
11. Add photo to the base of the Hot Air Balloon. The photo can be obtained from my blog or MagicMoonlightfreeImages.blogspot.com.
12. Embellishing and Finishing Touches:
13. Use pocket watch diecut from FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Journal Book MC66001A and glue to top of page.
14. Tuck flowers under diecut watch, and add flowers to adorn page.
15. Rip a small “V: shaped tear in right top corner of background paper . Place a small piece of from FabScraps Gentleman’s Club Collection – Gentleman’s Club paper C66004 behind it. Glue in place.
16. Top with a flower and brad or button. I also cut a small banner from Gentleman’s Club paper C66004 and used that as an embellishment.
17. Decorate page with liquid pearls or glitter glue as desired. I added some to the balloon, the diecut pocket watch, under the tear in the corner and on the photo image.
18. Complete with flowers, wood embellishments and resin bird.