The SeaShore collection is soothing and relaxing. The colors remind me of sea glass. I love picking up sea glass and placing my treasures in a glass jar. I thought I would create a project playing off the theme of sea glass - my version of a ship in a bottle I guess.
I added a tiny banner above the chipboard ship that reads "Sea Glass" - a bit of whimsy. I printed the words using a font from this site called Fearing Madness (Jelly Beans).
This was a bottle that I bought at a discount big box store. I set it aside till I found a purpose for it and the Prima Seashore collection was perfect.
This project may not look simple but I assure you it is.
- Rip some papers and wrap around bottle.
- Glue fishing net to to layers and bottle
- Wrap jute around top
- Paint jute and netting with a little white paint or gesso
- Tie on shells and chipboard (big hint - at the beach I collected shells with holes in them already so I could string shells at some point)
- Decorate with Boat chipboard and typewriter keys - trim, resin, bows.
One last little finishing touch was to paint the chipboard boat with a little Invild Bolme chalk edger. I dipped a paintbrush in water and used as watercolor.
Thanks a million for looking.
813604 Prima SeaShore Collection -Shell postage paper ( used under netting)
813638 Prima SeaShore Collection -Under the Sea paper (used under netting)
813727 Prima Seashore Collection -Chipboard
573089 Prima Seashore Collection -Paper Clips
891985 Prima Ingvild Bolme Resins
891060 Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edgers - Blue Jay
891206 Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edgers Teal Damask
891008 Prima Ingvild Bolme Chalk Edgers Dark Bark