We are thrilled to reveal our April 2014 Your Passion Your Art kit of the month! This kit is filled to the brim with the long awaited 7 Dots Collection Cold Country ! A vintage, artistic feel with lots of one of kind goodies and mixed media enhancements to allow you to create with passion your works of art!
Our kit is never complete without our off the page project and this month we provide an unfinished wood 3 drawer chest that stands eight inches tall !
Mixed Passion, the prettiness of it all. This add on kit is filled with additional flowers, trims and embellishments that enhance the main kit and all other add on kits. It can stand alone and be used with your stash - the possibilities are endless!
I decided to use the gorgeous FabScraps French Heritage collection to decorate this little Chest of Drawers. The chest stands 10 in x 6.5 in with embellishments - 8 inches tall without. It is perfect for jewelry. When I was a little girl , I had one of these little chest of Drawers for my Barbie doll shoes and accessories. This really brought "little Jen-Jen" out again. (Though my family would say little Jen-Jen comes out way too often in my paper crafting room.)
So this is the chest before.
I gave mine a quick coat of paint and did not fuss. I wanted it to be more of a paint washed look. I also removed the knobs on the drawers. FabScraps makes amazing metal door knockers that are a great match here.
I painted my door knockers to look a little like the paper. I also added paper leaves around each drawer's door pull.
As you can see, I adorned with tulle, pearl strings, a FabScraps butterfly cut from Butterfly Pink 2 C63006
and added some cardboard to the back to keep it stiff and durable.
These are the coolest door knockers from FabScraps. I painted them with gesso and wiped off. Then painted them with Splash of Color Silks Acrylic Glaze - Pink Grapefruit and wiped off. Then added a bit of embossing powder and heat set.
Snag your kit as soon as possible. April 2014 Your Passion Your Art kit
April 2014 Your Passion Your Art kit Flying Unicorn April
- FabScraps – French Heritage Collection – Butterfly Pink C63005 (1 12x12 sheet) top, drawers, back
- FabScraps – French Heritage Collection – Butterfly Pink 2 C63006 (1 12x12 sheet) sides
- FabScraps –French Heritage Collection – Brass Door Knocker Embellishment ME1008
- Flying Unicorns Metal Adornments - Garden Joy
- Fantastix - Frost white ink
- Prima Flowers - Heirloom Paper leaves 532192
- Prima Flowers -Serenity 571375
- Prima Flowers - Abbey E 571832
- Gesso or white acrylic paint
- Splash of Color Silks Acrylic Glaze - Pink Grapefruit
- Embossing ink and heat gun
- Decorative edge punch
- Web weave trim
- Floral picks
- Shimmerz Spritz ( used on flowers) - Cotton Candy, Tuscan Sun
- String Pearls
1. Chest Of Drawers Base Preparation:
2. Start with FabScraps French Heritage Collection Butterfly Pink2 C63006 sheet. Cut pieces to fit sides of the chest. Glue on.
3. FabScraps French Heritage Collection Butterfly Pink C63005 sheet. Cut pieces to fit top and back. Glue.
4. FabScraps French Heritage Collection Butterfly Pink C630065. . Cut pieces to fit drawers – you will need to cut extra big so you can punch edges and still have it fit. . Punch edges with decorative punch. Glue.
5. Trim the edges of the sides, top and back with decorative trim.
6. Drawer and Drawer Pull( Door Knocker) Preparation:
7. Paint door knockers with gesso-rub off immediately. This will leave a little white in the grooves of the knockers. Repeat with soft pink paint.
8. Add a little embossing ink and white aged embossing powder to the pulls and heat set.
9. Drill hole on the drawers for FabScraps Brass Door Knockers Embellishments ME1008.
10. Glue paper leaves to the drawers where the knockers will be – to act as a decorative accent to the drawer.
11. Attach knockers.
12. Embellishing Touches:
13. Tie a knot in the tulle and glue to the top of the box. The knot provides a great surface for gluing and acts as a support to start building your floral cluster.
14. Add flowers – web weave trim.
15. Cut a butterfly from FabScraps French Heritage Collection Butterfly Pink2 C63006 . Back it with cardboard for durability and glue to the floral cluster.
16. Add floral picks, string pearls, ribbon bow.