Thursday, January 2, 2014

Flying Unicorns OTP Journal Book


Welcome to the new Flying Unicorns Kit of the Month - this is the OTP for the month, or "Off the Page" project for January.  Each main kit has the OTP included.  This month is a cool journal book. 

We begin with out MAIN KIT and the INCLUDED off the page project :
http://www.flyingunicornstore.com/Kit_of_the_month_s/1249.htm


I covered my page in Prima paper by Finnabair as the base layer then more layers of smaller ripped pieces.   I topped with stamps and some mesh.  I painted the stamps with Splash of Color  Silk glazes.   Very flirty in my opinion.  Well flirty for me.  I am not much to flirt.  hehehe.  
The binding has been tied with green and gold web mesh and light pink tulle. 

Now the Silk glazes, man they are something to behold.  I love them because they are a glaze and not a paint - meaning they have a transparent quality.  Not too heavy on color and not too bold for those of us not brave enough to embrace colors.  (looking around the room and realizing I am talking to myself regarding being a color coward. )


Please join us over at the Unicorns for some fun.  You never need to purchase a kit to participate.  But if you choose to buy a kit, better hurry because this month is smokin HOT.   Get your kit here.


Supplies:
Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month - January 2014
Splash of Color - Silk glazes - Coral Berry, Guatemalan Green, Emperor Gold, Olive Vine Green
Prima Finnabair Vintage Vanity A4 paper pad
Prima Finnabair Vintage Vanity Art Journal
mesh tape
Tim Holtz Cling Stamp - Papillions

No comments:

Post a Comment