Monday, July 1, 2013

Flying Unicorns -Off the Page Project for July ( Sunset Dreams)

Each month, the Flying Unicorns offers a kit for purchase. They always include a cool and interesting item that encourages you to think "off the page".  The kit is available on a first-come-first served basis.  Once they are gone, you will be left in the dust waiting till the next month.  hahaha. 

There are no subscriptions at Flying Unicorns, which means we are NOT a Kit Club, but actually a Club that happens to sell kits as well. 

This month, the "off the page" (or OTP as we call it) project is a wonderful canvas mini (6x6) book. The canvas is a rich natural color as you can see in the photos.  It's such a great backdrop for almost any palette. My palette is blues and whites and beachy neutrals.   I am headed to the beach for my annual trip to Florida so my head is already stuck "in the sand".  hehehe


My sand is actually a wonderful product that artist, Maggi Harding gave me as a scrappy gift.  She's so thoughtfull that way, enabling me to my full potential. Viva Decor Stone Art.  Looks just like sand.

Oh then there is Shona Keehn, another artist enabling me by introducing me to Shimmerz Texturz.  It is a paste that really does add texture to your page.  My white surf was made by using Shimmerz Tezturz Tidy Widy and the waves have Shimmerz  Texturz Teal Me No Lies
The rest of the page was made from items found within the July Sunset Dreams Kit. 



Here is a page from the canvas book. I wanted the colors to match because it is a book and I wanted some continuity.  

The page started off with a layer of gesso, then some Shimmerz Texturz in Tidy Widy.  While the Shimmerz was still wet, I added some Viva Decor 3D Stamp Paint - Lime Green Metallic (once again suggested by Maggi Harding as a "must" have).  Finally I swirled in some Imagine Crafts Creative Medium Gold which is like a gel medium with a gold tint.  

I stuck the chipboard letters into the wet mixture to set and dry. 



The bird is die cut from Kaisercraft Porcelain Rose collection. I ripped a small piece of cardboard and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Stain. 


Thanks for looking.  Have a wonderful day.  I appreciate your time.

Supplies Beach:
Flying Unicorns July Kit -Sunset Dreams
Canvas Corp - Burlap stitched book.
Viva Decor Stone Art
Shimmerz Tezturz Tidy Widy
Shimmerz  Texturz Teal Me No Lies
Basic Grey Chipboard Letters- Mint Julep Blue
Teal Trim

Supplies:  Bird
Flying Unicorns July Kit -Sunset Dreams
Canvas Corp - Burlap stitched book.
Kaisercraft Porcelain Rose - Collectable CT756
Websters Page Quick Picks Bakers Twine in Yellow QP003
Basic Grey Chipboard Letters- Mint Julep Blue
Viva Decor 3D Stamp Paint - Lime Green Metallic
Imagine Crafts Creative Medium Gold
Shimmerz Tezturz Tidy Widy
Tim Holtz Distress Stain  Vintage Photo
Teal Trim










No comments:

Post a Comment