Friday, January 18, 2013

Scraps of Darkness January Blog Hop


If you have arrived here from Mandy's blog, then you are on the right track. 

We are giving away a fabulous prize of our
January Scraps of Elegance Kit
“A Dream Within A Dream”
To one lucky winner!


In addition to the January Kit we also have 
4 Hidden Prizes
on the designers blogs!

To be eligible to win you must become a follower of the Scraps of Darkness blog and “like us” on Facebook. You must visit each participating blog become a follower and leave a comment on the blog. If you are already a follower leave a comment letting us know!

When you have visited and commented on all the blogs return to the Scraps of Darkness blog and leave us a comment letting us know how much fun you had.
If you post about this blog hop on your own blog you will be entered into the drawing twice for an extra chance to win!

We are sure you will be inspired by our talented design team.

**Open to international entries**
You have until
Monday January 20th 1:00 AM PST to complete the hop.
The winners will be announced on the Scraps of Darkness blog on Tuesday January 21st as well as on the designers blogs.
Be sure to check back on that day to see if you have won…

Have fun!


This was created using the January Scraps of Elegance kit, A Dream Within A Dream. 
It is a page in my art journal - which was part f a color Add On from Scraps of Elegance.  I was a little unsure of how I would use an art journal or even IF I would use it, but I am actually loving it. 

 My art journal is what I use to play around and try things that maybe I am too timid to try out on pretty papers.  I also try techniques that I learn or that I see.  


This particular journal page is my attempt at "Jen, meet Drycha and ContadinaK"  Karolina Stopyra  or Drycha's work has always provided me with much amazement, inspiration and a desire to be more care free in art and not as contrived and controlled as I am. 

The technique of creating the misted, inked and masking tape background was created after I was inspired watching Vivian Keh, or ContadinaK's technique video.  I thought I would give it a try, using colors that matched the Scraps of Elegance Kit featuring the 13Arts - Frosted Life collection. 

I used the Arrows Stamp from 3rd Eye Stamps by Drycha on the top. 


Thanks for looking at my art work.
Please consider joining us at Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance.
Your next stop.......Renea's blog

Have Fun!
Here is the full list of blogs to visit
Scraps of Darkness
Scraps of Elegance
Mandy Harrell
Jennifer Snyder
Renea Harrison
Karen Zueger
Lisa Novogrodski
Elena Olinevich
Michelle Phillips
Karolina Stopyra
Escape Kitty
Rachael Funnell
Helena Johansson
Agnieszka Bellaidea
Sarah Bargo
Evgenia Petzer
Sara Onneby
Vivian Keh-
Kristie Taylor
Nadia Cannizzo
Romy Veul
Back to Scraps of Elegance

Supplies :
• 13 Arts Paper Collection -Frosted Life - Stardust
• Melissa Frances Crocheted Lace Trim - Cream
• 3rd Eye Stamps by Drycha-Arrows
• Lindy's Stamp Gang - Starburst Spray - 2 Ounce Bottle - Frosted Forget Me Nots 
• The Crafter's Workshop - 6 x 6 Doodling Templates - Mini Chicken Wire TCW259
• Ranger Ink - Studio by Claudine Hellmuth - Gesso 
• Petaloo - Darjeeling Collection - Floral Embellishments - Dahlias - Teastained Blues 1467103

• Prima - Wildflowers Pillar Pack Collection - Botanical Flower Mix - White 529567
• Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pads - Chipped Sapphire
• Faber-Castell - Mix and Match Collection -Gelatos in Blue

40 comments:

  1. Just heavenly Jen! Love those blues with that super sweet image! Good luck everybody and happy hopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the textures you have created! Thanks for the chance to win! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was/am already a follower...Oh that's really beautiful...I really love the colors..I will have to add that video to the long list I already have...I am learning as I go and there is so much out there that I would of never thought of on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Subscribed to your RSS feed. Lovely colors and textures on that journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work on the journal page Mandy!! Happy hopping everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on this page!! I am following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful page! i love the soft colors=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. xoxoxo! i'm so excited to see how you used masking tape - it's such a soft, wonderfully textured final effect! love your creams and blues together, too - very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. I bought my art journal last week. I Hope to get started on it this weekend.. so this is perfect timing! love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Thank you for th intersting game!
    http://svescrap.blogspot.ru/2013/01/scraps-of-elegance-and-scraps-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am already a follower of yours and Miss Kitty! Your layout is gorgeous i am always inspired by what you come up with! Thanks for putting it out there for those of us who need the help :) !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenn, I follow your blog by email, your work is always gorgeous and great inspiration. Any time you feel like you have too many LO's, feel free to send them this way, love your work. Beautiful page for your art journal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Already a follower and love love love your work (and your kitty <3)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really fantastic! I have always been curious about the idea of an art journal and why so many people have them. Now that I see your stated purpose, I think I need one too! I am always trying out techniques that I am interested in on spare pieces of paper but it probably would be better if I kept track of them in a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes and I have been a follower for a while.

      Delete
  15. Love how you clustered the flowers and the gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the journal idea, got's to try it. Thanks Miss Jen, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Lovely page! thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work always astounds me Jennifer! I absolutely love your beautiful art journal page. (I am going to take a class about art journaling beginning in Feb and am looking forward to it!) I can't wait to see more from you with this kit!!!!! Hope you and Kitty are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely stunning, Jen!! Your work always leaves me in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Appreciate your comment that your art journal allows you to "loosen" up a bit. I, too, have that problem...I'm particularly attached to symmetry. :). Beautiful work. Already signed up on your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. like the texture in your art journal page

    ReplyDelete
  23. always love the adventures of Escape Kitty, blog followed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Jen <3
    Thanks so much for all these kind words :* I have the same feelings when I see at Your works :) We're must see each other in real some day :D
    Your project is beautiful!:) and with my stamps! double pleasure to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there Jennifer, I doing the blog hop as well, which I saw via your and Romy's blog. I am just starting, but I already saw beautiful things, really inspiring!!
    Groetjes from Holland!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful project! I love the textures and colors. That photo is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just love your creative background. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a gorgeous journal!! Fabulous techniques!!You always do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my that is one GORGEOUS art journal....that backgrouns is so very creative I just LOVE it! Hugs Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. New follower too.... I love your project - that texture is fabulous! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete