Saturday, December 15, 2012

Scraps of Darkness - Long December









Here is the wonderful Scraps of Darkness kit, Long December.  

This kit is full of coolness ( as in winter chill) to complement those snowy shots you'll want to take as the snow piles up.  If you live in a place that is having summer or nice weather, then you'll want use this kit to show off your amazing photos of sunshine to show the rest of us what we are missing.  Because that's what friends do for each other.  LOL.

This month's kit featured some absolutely fun and unique items including the popular handcrafted stick pins made by Mandy Harrell , craftysprinkles.   These pins are exclusively found in Scraps Of Darkness Kits.


Long December by the Counting Crows.  
Kick back and listen to the music while you go through the rest of the post.  (Lyrics posted at the end of the post. )


Winter Wreath
This is based on the December Sketch by Charlotte Jenkins.   She has a wonderful new sketch each month for us to try.





Winter Wonderland
This layout uses the Little Yellow Bicycle  - Winterings collection and a Dusty Attic Christmas Tree #2 DA0648.  I painted with gesso first, then frosted with molding paste too create texture.  I sprinkled with Stampendous Shaved Ice for a little winter chill.

The gem at the top is a piece from Blue Moon that I bought on clearance.  Yeah for the clearance bin.
This photo was taken from the University of Washington flickr project and has no restrictions as to copyrights.

Two skiers atop the summit of Mt. Baker standing next to a U.S. flag
(early 1900's)
Photographer: 
Watson, Dwight
Digital Collection: 
Item Number: DWA166



Christmas Card
Here is a card I made with the Long December kit.  This features the Little Yellow Bicycle  - Winterings collection.  I don't really make cards too often.  Tis the season and I need to send some out.  This paper was perfect for what I wanted to do.  I wanted clean, crisp and wintery feeling.






Please join us at Scraps Of Darkness for some fun. 
Thanks for looking. 
Long December - Counting Crows
Songwriters: DURITZ, ADAM/BRYSON, DAVID/GILLINGHAM, CHARLES
A long December and there's reason to believe 
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I can't remember the last thing that you said as you were leaving 
Oh the days go by so fast

And it's one more day up in the canyons 
And it's one more night in Hollywood
If you think that I could be forgiven 
I wish you would 
(Na na na, etc. yeah)

The smell of hospitals in winter 
And the feeling that it's all a lot of oysters, but no pearls
All at once you look across a crowded room
To see the way that light attaches to a girl 

And it's one more day up in the canyons
And it's one more night in Hollywood 
If you think you might come to California
I think you should 
(Na na na, etc. yeah)

Drove up to Hillside Manor sometime after 2 a.m. 
And talked a little while about the year 
I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower about the things you could not show her 

And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last 
I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself 
To hold on to these moments as they pass 

And it's one more day up in the canyon 
And it's one more night in Hollywood 
It's been so long since I've seen the ocean
I guess I should
(Na na na, etc. yeah)



2 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful! Love your christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You are soo creative! That tree is absolutely stunning. I love every project you are amazing girlie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete