Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August Guest Designer - Once Upon a Sketch

Picking Flowers in the Summer
 I am the Guest Designer  at Once Upon A Sketch  for August.  I am completely honored.  Thanks Nadia Cannizzo and TEAM OUAS for voting for me and encouraging my art.

Here is my take on the sketch for the month of August.  The theme for the month is "seasons" so I journaled a simple little line, "Summer is a time for picking flowers and running bare foot."  I used elements from  Scraps Of Darkness  and Scraps of Elegance kits to complete the challenge. One of the remarkable elements is the handmade butterfly from Renea Harrison that is included in the Scraps of Elegance Kits.  It adds such a dainty touch to this layout.  

I took this photo of my darlin little cousin back in May as she was picking purple flowers from her Nana's garden.  Trust that Nana did not mind.  Who could?  The scene was too darn cute.


I used the Dusty Attic ATC Frame #1 DA0673 and painted it in Adirondack Paint Sandal color.

August Sketch by Nadia Cannizzo

Please visit Once Upon A Sketch and consider joining the fun. Also come and visit Scraps Of Darkness.

Thanks for taking the time to visit.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GD spot at OUAS! Your layout is gorgeous, and that photo is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just gorgeous and huge congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an honour! That's great & this LO is superb...LOVE the tones - work so beautifully with the snap:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the GDT spot...so well deserved...your pages are just GORGEOUS! this is another beauty and the photo is just darling! xxx

    ReplyDelete