Sunday, February 19, 2012

Seaside Escape - Scraps Of Elegance, Vintage Elegance Kit


Seaside Escape - Scraps Of Elegance, Vintage Elegance Kit
This was created using the brand new kit club,  Scraps Of Elegance Feb Vintage Elegance Kit. +
This was designed using the sketch by Charlotte Jenkins, (suepup) for the Feb kit.  I have sooooo enjoyed working with the new Scraps Of Elegance Kit. I can really sink myself into the colors of the kit  and peacefully create.  Please consider joining us. 

The photo was taken in July 2011 at Lovers Key Park in Florida at Dusk.  Very pretty, peaceful and quiet place for a dusk stroll.  



I used the French Flourish Border  DA0275 and painted it in Adirondack Paint, Sandal just to make it blend into my seaside.  I touched the edges with some stickles in Crystal. 

The metal piece is a piece of jewelry I bought on discount at Michaels.  I love cheap discount stuff. 

That little piece of netting peaking out?  Well that is the nylon netting from a bag of cinnamon sticks I bought at clearance after Christmas.  I actually wanted the bag more than I wanted the cinnamon sticks.  Sheesh,  sometimes I really have to question how my mind is wired - going for the packaging of the product instead of the contents.   

Here I punched some flower shapes from the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass.  I also rolled some paper flowers that I learned from Rachel Sigurdson's rolled paper tutorial at Scraps Of Darkness.  She makes it look easier then I could achieve.  

Below I added a shell picked from the beach in Naples Florida on our annual Seaside Retreat.  
The center of my flower is the McGill Starburst punch.  

The matte behind the photo is an embossing plate with scroll typeset, and gently inked once again with the Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass.

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Always a pleasure to stop by your lovely blog for a little inspiration.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Jen, these colors are so very yummy and you worked all the papers and details beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!!! this is just super gorgeous Jen!!!! totally LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is sooo pretty, I love these colours. just too gorjuss for words.

    ReplyDelete