Saturday, November 5, 2011

Window to the Garden


Window to the Garden - creating using the Scraps Of Darkness oct Kit, All Hallows Eve.

My attempt with this is to show that the Scraps of Darkness kit papers may sound spooky and have a Halloween based theme, but can be used to show the beauty of a garden or the frailty of a butterfly.

This is called Window to the Garden.  Of course it's not my garden, it's the neighbor lady's garden.  But YOU already knew that! 
Could be a 6am or a 7am sprint over to her yard - snap snap snap - and a sprint back to mine for legal safety.  Probably closer to 6am since I figured she would not be out of bed yet peering out her back window for kooky quirky me in my jammie pants.  

This was taken back in May when the bushes were blooming and the sun was backlighting the delicate young blooms.  I have nothing delicate in my yard thus I am sure it had to be in her yard.  

The big yellow punched circle is supposed to be my attempt at representing the backlit sun in the garden.  

Got some Dusty Attic leaves tucked away here too.  
Based on the Nov Sketch by Michelle Grant at Dusty Attic.  I am not a sketch artist so I completely appreciate Michelle's creative mind that always amazes.  - I am just sketchy - hahahahhahaha

Thanks for looking - 
The Dawn Yard Raider


My purple, eggplant color actually since were are talking about gardens - was a piece of seam binding spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmermist in Sugar Plum Fairy - then blasted with my heat gun while I crinkle ti up with my fingers. 

2 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous Jen!! these kits are amazing aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do amazing work. I hope you apply for the Robin Nest Design team

    ReplyDelete